Sunday, May 8, 2011

frugal frame.

So I went to this estate sale about 3 months ago. I found this regular looking picture frame. Nothing special.....but it was a $1.  I've been hawking the pic. frame section in the thrift stores for a while and they are kind of expensive to me. They range from 5$-7$ and up for mass produced frames with imperfections....AND I would have to take it home and rework it. I still havent been able to find any really good quality picture frames at the thrift stores I've been hawking, so I decided to make my own I am new at this picture frame thing. I really think I need assistance picture frame shopping.:

006

008


Then paint got involved:
013
014
009
I tried applying paint with a roller but I was going for the antiqued look and a paper towel actually did it perfectly.

The things I do when I don't have the funds to buy the artwork I would like:
034
034
038I painted the the glass and cut up pieces of paper bag and painted them.  Really abstract but it came out pretty decent.  Not I just have to do some similar and subtle frames to compliment it. No matchy matchy hopefully.

On another note I bought some GORGEOUS shoes that I can't seem to find a look for. Somebody hep me plee. Hopefully I can rest my eyes tonight and think of one. Next post!

4 comments:

NyaRichii said...

I love the end result! I wish I had some of your creativity.

Ag said...

I LOVE THIS!!! I am definitely gonna try painting my frames in the near future!

agnes said...

le résultat est magnifique, une très jolie création

Chay Chay said...

how creative! I've been trying to thrift more as well...thanks for commenting on my blog : )